Keeping you and our team safe
If you have any questions or need to reschedule your appointment, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
In light of the situation with COVID-19 in Australia, we want our patients to feel reassured that when you visit us for your appointment, we have measures in place to keep you and our team safe.
Whilst we are a medical facility with healthcare professionals and strict hygiene guidelines, we are not a GP practice with un-well patients. We will continue to maintain a safe clinical environment with the same level of high quality service that you have come to expect from Macquarie Plastic Surgery and Macquarie Skin Clinic.
We appreciate your understanding in these circumstances.
Current procedures include
- Multiple locations throughout the clinic to undertake thorough hand hygiene for all patients and our team, including alcohol based sanitisers at the front door, in our reception area and waiting rooms, soap, water and hand towel in our bathroom.
- Waiting rooms have been set up to ensure 1.5 metre distances between chairs.
- Increased frequency of surface cleaning with clinical grade disinfectant wipes.
Updated procedures from December 2021
Please read the following information for our patients regarding changes to our practice now the borders have opened.
To help keep our community safe, patients with the below symptoms cannot enter the practice:
- Fever or chills.
- Shortness of breath or difficult breathing.
- Muscle or body aches.
- New loss of taste or smell.
- Sore throat.
- Congested or runny nose.
- Nausea or vomiting.
If you have any of these symptoms, please contact our office to reschedule your appointment.
To protect our high risk patients, any patient aged 12 and over who is not vaccinated:
- Contact our office to discuss your appointment.
- If your Doctor deems your appointment as urgent special arrangements will be made.
- We insist that our office is a safe place for our patients, many of whom are high risk due to age or chronic illness. It is very important that unvaccinated patients do not enter the practice as they are far more likely to expose others to COVID-19.
- To maintain physical distancing, only the patient who the appointment is for is to attend. If a support person is required only one patient and support person will be allowed in the room.
Questions we will ask
To make sure we are giving you the best information, we will ask you the following questions when you book and/or when you arrive at the clinic.
- Do you have a cough, cold, flu, sore throat, congested or runny nose or fever?
- Are you fully immunised (double vaccinated) for COVID-19?
- Are you waiting on results for a COVID-19 test?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has or might have COVID-19 or been out of the state recently?
Things to remember
- Please bring your vaccination certificate with you so we can make a record on your file.
- A correctly fitting mask must be worn at all times.
- Sanitise your hands before entering the practice.
- Always check in using the QR code or manually sign in with office staff.
- Practice physical distancing (staying 1.5m apart from staff and other patients at all times).
- You may be asked to wait in your car.
- Our office door will be locked. Please ring the bell to alert staff of your arrival.
- Always treat our office staff, doctors and the other patients with respect.